Confidence? Damn right!

This blog is imbued with "ada-quada-quacity", strives to be most oxymoronic, and ultimately of high opinion!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The dangers of post-it notes

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS WAAAAY OVER ANALYZED! (big suprise)

I received a post-it note with a message on it paired with a verbal genuine concern from a co-worker today, Tuesday.

The message/note was delivered to my co-worker last "....Friday", by another co-worker of ours, we'll call him "Last Friday". The note contained a simple message conveying a problem that, to me had I received the note last Friday, could have been eliminated. Last Friday. The verbal message accompanying the note handed (today, Tuesday) me I had perhaps - I will concede here - mis-heard, that an administrator had reported an incident indicated in the post it note.

I decided to seek the advice of a wise sage.

My supervisor told me to "...[not] worry", and "...just fix it [the problem].". Well, when I am told to not worry, I generally take that to mean "drop it, don't worry, no further analysis or work is needed". And yet, I ponder the inequity.

On the other hand, I am reminded of the movie starring Demi Moore & Michael Douglas, "Disclosure"; a movie of reverse sexual harassment - girl against guy - in which Douglas' character was anonymously told, almost continually, to "fix the problem" - even after he was sure he need not worry. (no spoiler here). Well I digress, for some odd reason - really odd - I have sexual harassment on my mind today, but it obviously has nothing do with "...what I am just trying to convey the sentiments of everyone here. That's all I was trying to do...."

Immediately after a casual "walk with me" interview of the administrator mentioned earlier in this blog, that administrator had no idea what I was referencing. They were clearly not involved with the delivery of the message, the note, nor its meaning, although they may have been present at the time of "the incident", they were not made aware of it., at its occurrence in time. Last Friday.

I thought to myself, "I could be embarrassed by this, or I could existentially choose not to be and, 'fix the problem'."

Hence, this blog post.

The lesson for everyone is: deliver your concern over an incident on the day it happens, otherwise ignorance will be my watch word. You're on notice, Mr. "Last Friday". OR even I can forget to deliver messages from time to time - unless, of course, I know that delaying such a message (consciously) would cause any turmoil.

Hey, turmoil? None caused. None perceived. The communication problem = Fixed.

On a side note: "So, stop the suspense. Please, tell us what was on the note; what did it say?"
Well, if I answer that question, I would be violating the first rule of working at CLC Radio.
Rules and regulations are within easy reach in their website.

<-- copyright 2007 by Dan Prowse -->

No comments: