Confidence? Damn right!

This blog is imbued with "ada-quada-quacity", strives to be most oxymoronic, and ultimately of high opinion!

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Trillian forum support vs. actual support

The amount of ad-hominem heaped on DanKirkD by this amoeba character is not to believed:

----------------------------------------------------------------STUFF STARTS HERE
ameoba's Avatar

ameoba ameoba is offline
Administrator
Registered Jan 2002
Located at a store near you.

14,419 Posts

#16

Old 18 Nov 2005, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DanKirkd
I'd say not dealing with the matter in 5 months is a good indication it has been ignored.

A:
Perception is not an indication.

Quote:
Originally posted by DanKirkd
Never supplying an answer as to why the workaround can be implemented is ignoring it.

A:
I'm not violating any of the numerous NDAs I've signed to provide you with any more information than I've already provided. The fact that I've had conversations and I've posted in this thread should indicate (not cause perception ) that this problem isn't being ignored.

Quote:
Originally posted by DanKirkd
This is not a game, however you wish to turn it into one.

A:
The bug isn't a game but this thread has turned into one. I can tell that you're the kind of person who'll continue badgering the issue until you get the answer you're looking for as opposed to being satisfied with an answer. I've posted a number of times that your implications are unfounded and I've conveyed the fact that I've spoken with Scott about the problem. The fact that you're continuing to question me is getting old.

Bottom line (and last word) is that the bug has been posted in this forum. I've also made the development team aware of it (and posted that they're working on resolving the problem, which is the answer). As I've said several times now, once a fix is in place, it will be made available.

ameoba

View Public Profile

Visit ameoba's homepage!

Find all posts by ameoba

shad0w shad0w is offline
Registered User
Registered Sep 2002

3 Posts

#17
Old 17 Jan 2007, 05:59 PM
MSN Reconnect - Why isn't this fixed yet?
Regarding this bug: http://forums.ceruleanstudios.com/sh...threadid=76781

Why isn't this fixed yet?

I'm a developer myself and the fact that a bug like this can exist in a commercial piece of software for a year and a half is totally unacceptable. If this was a bug in a piece of code I'd written, I'd expect to be fired or at least severely bitched out for not resolving it sooner.

Amoeba's answers in the other thread just skirt around the issue at hand instead of providing a solid reason as to why this bug still exists. DanKirkd provided a valid workaround as a temp hack, yet Amoeba ignores that and attacks DanKirkd for bringing the issue up.

So, the question at hand... Why isn't this fixed yet and when can a patch be expected?

If you guy's aren't able to reproduce the problem on your side, let us know! Work with the community instead of providing halfassed "we are working on it" responses. I'll gladly help with debugging as I can guarantee that the time I'll spend on that is less then I've spent manually reconnecting every ****ing time I've moved my laptop for the last year and a half.
------------------------------------------------------------------------STUFF ENDS HERE


Well. I am at a loss for words. [That should be a shock to anyone who knows me]
-
-
-
-

No comments: